Sunday, October 2, 2011

Simple Sunday

Nothing big to post. Just wanted to share a few things I am currently obsessed with and few cool things about my week. That's the beauty of "Simple Sundays".

I lost another 2 pounds at my last weigh in. I gained 2 though the week before so I'm back to 175. I'm not deterred though, still very proud of each pound and will be honest, I hardly worked out or watched what I ate this week. No regrets, it is what it is and I'm not strapped to a single diet or a scale.

I have a new music crush and am loving them during my walks/runs. Check out TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB. If you like catchy beats and something to get you movin and groovin', I think you'll love these guys.

It's officially Fall-like weather in Texas. Highs this weekend in the mid 80's! A and I made a pallet on the deck and stayed there for over 4 hours playing and enjoying the sunshine. I also went through my closet and I have ZERO fall/Winter clothes. I've bought A a few things so far but it looks like I will be needing new clothes soon, add in a trip to NC in 3 weeks to be with my sister as she has her 1st baby....might be shopping sooner than I'd like.

Anyone else LOATHE clothes shopping? I wish I could be girlie in my clothes and come up with awesome looks and be up to date with the world of fashion but I've sadly fallen into 2 categories....The jeans and Tee Mom look and the Running shorts/Capri's and tee look....I'm in one or the other...

I wish I could share the neatness of my town. Denton has some really awesome places to try and one of them is Beth Marie's Old Fashioned Ice Cream http://www.bethmaries.com/. I went 3 times this week for my absolute FAVORTIE ice cream flavor "Bees Nees". It's vanilla ice cream with Lavender and Honey. So wonderful and as much of an addict of all things lavender, the honey is whats the seller in this ice cream. Wish I could share it with the world.


I'm also on this new self-educate mission on Veggies. No, not Bob and Larry Boy veggies, but the edibile kind that a lot of people limit in their diets in todays America. I'm looking for a book or a site that tells you about all veggies and how to cook with them. With a community garden one street away I've been walking through it lately and have been so impressed with some amazing looking squash, eggplant,zuccinni,peppers and other weird looking veggies I've never bought fresh let alone cooked with. I'm eating more in my diet, I just want to be able to buy more fresh and locally grown and not let them go to waste because I don't know what to do with them. Not going Vegan mind you, just wanting more veggies to eat for my family.

So there you have it. I'm currently watching the Hallmark Channel (In a tee and running capri's) and getting my dork side on with some "Love Comes Softly" movies. Frozen grapes by my side.

Yeah, I love Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment