Thursday, January 5, 2012

Let's Get Personal....

So while on vacation I received a sweet e-mail from a reader that really got me to thinking about a subject I kinda don't go into on my blog. It's not that I hide it completely because there's just NO WAY I can have my blog and not involve this topic.

My Family.

As many of you know I have a personal family blog HERE that I update more than I do my HLC blog. It's not that I do it on purpose but I post more there simply because...it's easier to talk about when it consumes so much of my life and time. Anyway, one of the questions the email asked me was simply "Why do you never call your family by their names? Why do you refer to them by letters?"

When I started this blog it was more of a focus on starting a healthy living lifestyle for my family with the 3 key things being the focus:  living healthy, living life and living free. It was also more for myself to find the motivation I needed to lose weight I have gained and confidence I have lost in myself. However...it wasn't just for me, it was for my family and I think I semi lost that train of thought when I started going number crazy with weigh-ins and watching every little thing I put in my mouth. Which in truth may be why the last month or so I have felt no push or zest to update the blog because I just felt like...if I'm not actually doing the work, what is there to post and reflect on and to pass on to other people who actually read my blog?

I've been so caught up in the glamour of getting my blog out there and noticed and trying to get more readers so it can be what I see it being in my head that I lost the focus of what it really is about!

I also had this weird privacy set in mind about my family. Yes, dumb since I have a family blog out there for the world to see but I guess I kinda liked the idea of HLC being all about ME! I just can't do that though without them being in it because they are both on the journey with me everyday!

So without further blabbering delay I give you an intro to...E & A.

Meet "E" aka- Evan:
My sweet and amazing husband of 6 years and best friend of 11 years! I jokingly refer to him as my idiot in tin foil sometimes but he truly is amazing in so many ways and he has been my number 1 cheerleader in my weight loss goal and all around "healthy kick". He gained 43lbs while I was pregnant and I gained ZERO. Soon after we became parents though I started gaining and he lost close to 40lbs!!!!  He is one awesome gamer guy who is obsessed with his daughter and works really hard to make his girls happy. I'm just a very blessed woman to have him as my hubby and "baby daddy". :)



Meet "A" aka- Avery or Avery Claire or A.C or "The CuppyCake":
She just turned 3 and is going on 6!! Potty training is being attempted (Lord, have mercy) and she is one amazing little miss. Being her mom I can (and have repeatedly) gushed for hours on end about her. She truly is my everything. She is the most rewarding thing in my life and she keeps me on my toes and laughing non-stop. Evan and I are still trying to figure out how we managed before she came along....




SO there's my happy little family......We're just trying to live healthier lives and this blog isn't just about things I do on that journey but also things we do as a family or a couple or as a picky eating toddler. :)



XOXO-
Brittnye "The HLC"





1 comment: