Friday, September 9, 2011

Free For All Friday!

TGIF.

I'm looking forward to the weekend, I get to be outdoors with my family more and it also means early morning runs and the farmers market tomorrow. I'm currently jonesing for some sweet blueberry's so I can make some muffins tomorrow. True, I could walk to the Kroger up the street and buy some but so help me, the ones I pick from the farmers market are 10X's better and about 1/2 the price I'd pay for store bought.

I must say, since my family started this living healthy transition I fell into the mindset of counting calories as being a must, working out was a must and eating only this and that was a must. Forgive me, that was stupid. If you wanna go and live that way and it works for you, AWESOME. For me and my family though, it's just miserable. I've learned over the past 2 weeks it's simply about a few key things.

* Drinking plenty of water
* Getting enough sleep!
* Working out when it fits into YOUR schedule.
* Simply knowing the right version of what you want to eat and having healthy options.
* Not skipping meals.

There's much to learn when it comes to being healthy and you will get so much advice handed to you from family and friends. Simply do what you feel is right for you and try things until you know what works for you. I'm not counting calories or dwelling on the weight loss part of this transition for me. If I'm taking care of my body by exercising and eating healthy, the weight will take care of itself. I do love hearing what works for others but I also just have to say, to each his own. Don't judge me for what I choose to do for my family, I won't judge you for doing what you do for yours.

Just live healthy! Just live. :)

I plan on doing just that......

No comments:

Post a Comment